Tax Free Shopping
In Ireland, goods are subject to Value Added Tax (VAT) which is included in the sale price. This represents up to 23% of the price of your purchase.* As a non-EU resident, you can reclaim any VAT paid on goods and taken home with you, provided the claim is made within 3 months of the purchase.
VAT REFUND IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS
1. Ask for a VAT refund form in the boutique when making a purchase.
2. Complete the form in full - including your name (as it appears on your passport), passport number, address, arrival and departure date into the EU, and sign the form.
3. If your form requires validation* by a customs officer, simply take your completed VAT refund form, receipts, passport and goods to the customs office at your final point of departure from the EU, where your form will be validated.*
4. To process your refund, visit the Premier Tax Free desk in Dublin Airport, or submit your Global Blue receipts into the Global Blue post box in the airport
If you have a FEXCO HORIZON Card:
1. Simply present your card before paying
2. Ensure to register the HORIZON Card , via the HORIZON app or in the airport.
3. To process your refund, visit the FEXCO Tax Free office, or the 24-hour kiosks in the departure areas of Dublin, Shannon or Cork airports. Alternatively you can claim from your home country by visiting www.shoptaxfree.com and following the steps outlined.
*In Ireland, you are able to post your VAT forms after leaving the EU, if they have been stamped by notary, customs or police. If you are claiming VAT on items which are worth more than €2,000, these goods will have to be inspected.
Tip: Queues at customs in airports can be long, ensure you allow enough time to process your forms.
* If you are on a connecting flight, to another EU destination, before your arrival home, get your form validated at the first departure point and this will be treated as your EU departure point.