- 2 oranges
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g soft butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g chocolate chips
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C Fan/ Gas Mark 5
1. Slice one of the oranges into 6 whole slices and arrange them around the inside of the pan.
2. Zest and juice the remaining orange into a bowl.
3. Place the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder and chocolate chips in a bowl and beat together well for 1 minute.
4. Add the orange juice and zest and combine.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan on top of the oranges and gently level the mixture.
6. Place into the pre-heated oven and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Tip the cake out while still warm. Serve warm or cold with clotted cream
Tags: cooking Le Creuset chocolate chocolate chips orange pudding