- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 400g haricot beans canned
- 400g cannellini beans canned
- 200ml water
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
1. Place the saucepan over a medium heat on the hob and add the rapeseed oil.
2. Place the onions and garlic into the pan, reduce the heat to low and soften with the lid on for 10 minutes.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the onions, increase the heat to medium and cook gently for 20 minutes.
4. The beans can be served immediately or alternatively allow to cool fully and place into a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Tags: cooking Le Creuset baked beans